Monday, January 5, 2015

2015: New Year's Resolutions


I had a few topics of interest for the first TDDWS post of the New Year. Maybe start off by looking ahead at the games and new hardware that has me excited for 2015? I mean that's a no brainer...What about my experience at Austins annual anime convention this weekend, Ikkicon? Well I have to write about that, it was crazy...What about the ongoing internet drama that is GG, and some of the disgusting behavior by some shifty individuals? Well that's not a very positive way to start a new chapter in TDDWS...Well what about my New Year's Resolutions!? Ahhhhh yes, of course!

Internet bullies, anime conventions and new games can wait a day. I want to talk about me!..Or more importantly, I want to talk about us! What you can expect from me and what I'd like to improve on for this year. If there's anything in particular that you'd like to see outside of this short list, let me know in the comments. 

1st: Be Personal
I'd like to share more about myself...be more open and honest with you. Anonymity has it's perks for sure, but writing something like this has way more meaning if it's in context. And who cares what I have to say, if you have no idea who I am? Mostly I keep it anonymous because of the climate...The current trend of trolls and fanatical oppressors of opinion. I don't want these people calling and threatening my work or family because I have a differing opinion on whether Princess Peach is sexist or not. Honestly, I don't think it would be too hard to figure out who I am, but I plan on stepping out from behind the curtain at some point, so don't worry about it.  

2nd: More Research
Between working a full time job, writing these, working out, spending time with friends/family and actually playing the games I write about, I often don't have time to do as much research as I want. I don't want this blog to just be a place for my brain farts, so I've made plans to give myself more time for research. I'm currently sifting through five pages of research links on my first big feature. So expect better written, better researched topics to come....don't worry I'm sure I'll be freestyling just as much. 

3rd: A Real Website with More Content
Let me be honest with you. I hate having a blog...just that word, "blog", it drives me nuts! I wont pretend that I'm anything more than a blogger now, but that's the point of resolutions, trying to better ones self. One day I will be know as a writer...not a journalist or blogger, just a games writer. You got to have goals people! I'm thinking a real website with added video content will be a big step to get me closer to that goal. I'll be updating you on the site as more info becomes available. 

4th: Finish Gaming Back Catalog 
Much like most gamers, I have a decent back log that I need to finish! I'm going to try to dedicate more time to getting it done...so no new games or Diablo III, Hearthstone, Destiny or any old game until I've finished the ones I have.

So what are your resolutions for the New Year?
Any suggestions for me?
Like always, thanks for reading!
@devoinz
devoinxyz@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, what are you researching?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to look into key players behind the gaming community and industry. There's a certain lead writer at Polygon that stands out for being front and center in a lot of the recent controversies. I'm trying to better understand his way of thinking and motivation. Hopefully I'll have something solid to share soon!
      Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete